The standard package is for the budget conscious traveler with a goal to get shacked and save some pennies for the next adventure. Our camp is comfortable and right in front of the main break Gunturs.
Our bungalows are strategically placed on a private beach directly in front of the most consistent right hand reef break within the island chain offering unrivaled access to the surf at any given time. Further afield across the bay (5 minutes by boat) is Lolok point which on its day is a 300-400m reeling left hand point break which has everything from open faces to barreling sections.
We can arrange a length of stay to suit you. We also offer discounts for multiple bookings and longer stays. Contact us with any questions here.
– 3 meals a day + snacks
– Unlimited mineral water, tea & coffee.
– Unlimited speed boat transfers to local waves
– Access to the open plan entertainment and dining area with satellite TV & DVD and pub games
– Government permits and taxes
– Return overland transfer from Medan
– Public ferry from Singkil to Banyak
Can we can show you what a trip of a lifetime truly feels like?
At Banyak Surf Bungalows there are no villages, no roads and no rush, just world-class waves, the forest and mother nature. If you’re ready to feel the buzz of adventure, then come join us in the Bay of Plenty, Banyak Islands.
At our little slice of paradise, surfers and non-surfers alike can experience a consistent, tropical surfing mecca alongside a whole host of other activities all year round.
Right in front of your comfortable private beach bungalow you’ll find the most consistently rideable wave in the Banyaks – ‘Gunters’, just a short ‘dry-hair’ paddle away.
Apart from this classic wave, the Bay of Plenty boasts 5 other waves that range from world class to ‘learn to surf’ waves, suiting everyone from the beginner to the hardened Indo veteran. We also have boats to take you to even more waves should you want to.
Fishing, snorkelling, bush walks, cooking lessons island hopping and yoga – there’s plenty other activities to do if you fancy an afternoon out the water exploring…
– Trips to Treasure Island with lunch and cool box packed
– Banyak Surf Bungalows t-shirt
– Video Surf analysis
– Surf trip movie edit
– Any beers, soft drinks and snacks you would like to purchase
Please enquire about the cost of the optional extra’s.
– Spare Legropes
– Suncream (Its hot here)
– A few T-shirts
– Flip flops/Sandles
– Hoodie or long sleeve top
– Passport & Photocopies of passport kept seperately – You must have atleast 6 months remaining on your passport otherwise you will not be allowed entry into Indonesia and we cannot be liable for any issues.
– Travel Insurance
– Enough cash for beers if you decide to drink from our bar
– First aid kit
– Toiletries and towels
– Board repair kit
– Plug adaptor for european plug socket
– Drivers licence – International helps in some car rentals
For a more indepth guide on what to bring visit our handy travel checklist page.
Share this Post
5 Reasons to book your stay
Professional Video & Photos
We have teamed up with a media company who will get your shacks on film with the drone. Stoked!
Best break on your doorstep
Wake up and step into a mechanical right hand point break barrel.
No Crowds No Stress
Because of our location you will rarely be surfing with anyone but your mates.
True surf escape
We are about as remote as it gets. This is where you come to fulfill those boyhood surf dreams.
No need for Scooters
The only transportation here is your board and our boat, no roads for miles.